Saturday, August 1, 2015

Trinity Alps Part 3

We woke up to a beautiful morning!

 photo GOPR1772_zps0gfycjcx.jpg

I normally don't sleep well my first night out backpacking because I hear bears and mountain lions and other scary things whenever the wind blow or a dog shifts but I slept SO well that night.

I made Kirk wear a booty on her cut paw.  She didn't like it at all.
 photo GOPR1778_zps4c8sfap6.jpg

Although she was fine with it when we started hiking.  I started out with her on leash, but that didn't last very long.  And the booty didn't last much longer.  There were so many water crossings that it became a pain to pick her up and carry her over so I just took off her boot and let her go.

 photo GOPR1782_zps4vtdz0sm.jpg

Can you spot Rampage?
 photo GOPR1784_zpsqnqmkhjc.jpg

We had a more leisurely hike out than we did on the way in and stopped to let the dogs play in the water.  This was Bear Creek (I think).

 photo GOPR1795_zpsanrlssan.jpg

 photo GOPR1804_zpsh3opruba.jpg

 photo GOPR1823_zpsrtkz5xzo.jpg

We also found a nice path down to a swimming hole at Swift Creek.

 photo GOPR1840_zpsonyy2rjr.jpg

It wasn't TOO swift, but I did almost lose Rammy down the rapids to the left at first, the water was moving fast there!

 photo GOPR1848_zps26oxsgcs.jpg

So then I sat there to block the way.
 photo GOPR1867_zpsfayxwzah.jpg

Rampage loved the water here but Kirk and Brew weren't so sure, maybe due to the current.

 photo GOPR1852_zpsgigwwewo.jpg

 photo GOPR1881_zpsx53kgfck.jpg

And some gopro fun!
 photo GOPR1932_zpskjxdktxf.jpg

 photo GOPR1933_zpsouf4qz4d.jpg

And then we were done!
 photo GOPR1929_zps9kox5f4r.jpg

I can't wait to go back.
 photo GOPR1945_zpsvp41jum3.jpg






4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This hike is on my list, so let me know the next time you attempt it. I would love to meet you there.

    It looks great and thanks for sharing the awesome pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure! We should definitely plan something :)

      Delete
  3. This is really great information found here, I really like your blog. Thanks very much for the share. Keep posting.

    __________________________
    Long island dog trainers

    ReplyDelete