Thursday, October 21, 2010

Groundhog Year

I have lots I would like to say about Worlds and USDAA nationals and hopefully I will find some time to get around to it.  I will definitely post whatever videos I have but that still might take some time.

First I want to take a moment to reflect back on a rather eerie observation on the outcome for Icon and I at all of our 'large events' in 2009 and 2010 (EO not included since I didn't go 2009).




2009
2010
AKC Nationals
2nd place 26”
2nd place 26”
AKC WT Tryouts
1st place Large cumulative Saturday
1st place Large by points overall
1st place Large cumulative Saturday
1st place Large by points overall
Worlds
1 clean run out of 4 :(
1 clean run out of 4 :(
USDAA Nationals
Steeplechase – 3rd place
Grand Prix – 4th place
Steeplechase – 3rd place
Grand Prix – 4th place


I've always known Icon was consistent, but that's pretty weird that we finished EXACTLY THE SAME at every large event this year as he did in 2009!  It would have been nice to improve somewhere, but staying the same is definitely better than getting worse! :)  Hopefully we'll make the AKC/WT again next year and get to go to France so I can try to improve on that performance.

6 comments:

  1. Ooooooo.....there IS something eerie about that. And quite marvelous!
    This week I was advised (several times) to "be consistent." Maybe if I could manage to be consistent, Riff could grow up to be a little bit like Icon. Only bigger. And red. With floppy ears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, more like "continued excellence," particularly considering you two have accomplished more than 99.99% of all the dog-handler teams out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way beyond weird.

    J.D.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, wow, that is pretty COOL in an eerie kind of way.... but I also agree with (and like the term!) "continued excellence" !! CONGRATS to you & your amazing Icon on so many HUGE accomplishments two years in a row!

    Tara, Hermes & Leda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope I'm there to cheer you on in person!

    ReplyDelete