Sunday, November 9, 2008

OK!

Finally this morning, almost a week after USDAA nationals finished, I actually feel like doing something aside from being a vegetable! It was really nice to not have to work last week, but I do wish I could have been a bit more productive at home. I didn't even empty my RV fridge until Friday!

I was supposed to install my kitchen backsplash last week, but it arrived while I was away and there were 3 boxes of tiles that were damaged and my cleaning lady sent them back. I haven't been able to contact the store so I have no clue when I'm getting the undamaged tile and I can't start until I get it! I'm really excited to put it up because I love the colors. And by the way, the Tile Shop customer service center sucks. I left 3 messages with them last week and they haven't returned my calls. I'll try once more tomorrow and if I don't get in touch with them, I'll have to get nasty.

But it's not like I did NOTHING all last week. I mowed my lawn out back, which was like a forest because I didn't have a chance to mow it before I left. I also got most of my videos from my trip online. I'm finishing them up today, but it's mostly the team runs left. And the biggest thing is that I did a a huge job of removing a big loquat tree stump from the ground. I took the tree down... Oh... about 6 months ago and added that "stump decay accelerator" to the left over stump. It was a huge job to remove the stump and took me 2 days (and I almost died when the head of the axe I had just bought came off and almost hit me in the head!), but I do think the accerlator stuff helped out a bit. Now a have a huge hole in my grass :(. But by next summer it will be pretty again. I still have 2 stumps to remove though (apple tree stumps this time)! And I have zero urge to do it. I haven't even added "stump decay accelerator" to one of them yet. Guess I should do that.

But I really haven't felt like doing agility all week. I finally got my dogwalk out the other day to get back to remedial contacts with Polly but I skipped Icon's class last Tuesday and I was supposed to have a private with nancy on Wednesday that I moved to Friday and then subsequently cancelled. But I think he needs a break. I was really happy with how Icon did at nationls, he did everything I could have asked of him. But he was really slowing down by the end, I think he was tired. It was probably a combination of a lot of things, like the heat, the slippery grass and the long trip but I think my biggest mistake was taking him to the 3 day Pahrump trial before. Well, now I know! I probably should have done the 4 day one after natioanls if I wanted to make an extended trip. Oh well :). He has the next 2 weekends off to recuperate!

I do have a semi-private planned for Apollo on Monday with Sandy. Terry will be bringing Heath and we're going to ramp up for invitationals! Tuesday I'm going to class with Icon, but I'm guessing Jim is teaching since Nancy has seminars next week. And then next Thursday Icon and I head to Toronto to visit my family!

Oh, and my puppy was born :) I'm guessing he'll be either Spot or PB, but I think Whitey and Roadetta are cute too :)

His name will be Rampage!

http://www.jandemellobordercollie.com/KindleBezelpupsNov08.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment