Wednesday, May 20, 2009

RIP Ike 01/15/1995-05/20/2009

My sister put her Min Pin, Ike, down today. He was over 14 years old and starting to not love life so much.

He lost his leg about 7 or 8 years ago after a run-in with a car. He was a high strung, barky, high strung, bad breath, separation anxiety, high strung dog and taught me that I will never ever ever get a Min Pin. But once you got passed all of that, he was a pretty cool dog. When I still lived at my parents house and dog-sat for him, he would crawl under the covers and snuggle up (Shhhh! Don't tell my dad the dog was on the bed!) and when Icon was around 7 months old and I took him on a trip to Canada, it was Ike that taught him how pee on one leg, not that Ike had a choice in the matter!

RIP Ike.

Photos from my visit home in July 2006




My three nephews

No comments:

Post a Comment