Thursday, July 29, 2010

Prague!

What a beautiful city.  Lots of old buildings and cobblestones.  It's very commercial though.  At times I felt as though I was walking through an amusement park that was trying to look like it was Prague.

I was disappointed in the photos I got.  They never look as good as they do when you're there but they were extra bad on this trip.  Oh well :)

I traveled with Marcy and Wave and we arrived in Prague at around 9am.  We decided to try and get accustomed to the time change and go out and sight see right away.  It wasn't easy since neither of us slept on the plane, but we managed and I didn't even get very grumpy until around 5pm.

Our hotel was in a good area, within walking distance of pretty much everything in Old and New Prague.


To the right is Charles Bridge (total tourist trap) and to the left the big complex is Prague Castle.



Icon tried to convince Wave to go swimming in the river, but she didn't want to get wet.  She's such a princess.


Cops and segways are common sights in Prague. Not always together.


Surprisingly, the dogs didn't fare as well with the time change as we did. We regretted taking them sightseeing on Tuesday because they were so tired. Wave was especially tired, she could barely keep her eyes open.


Icon was too though. He passed out really quick when we stopped for lunch and didn't move until we stood up to leave.


Gate to Charles bridge.


On the bridge. A tourist trap complete with religious musicians. Wave really didn't like those guys.

I had a scary moment on the bridge when Icon decided to jump up on the stone fence of the Charles bridge. He knew water was down there but I guess he didn't know how far! If I hadn't grabbed him he might have gone over. I generally consider Icon to be a sensible dog, but he certainly wasn't showing sense then!


We ended the day going out to dinner with Rob, Derede and Wings. I got "ham with butter" for dinner and it was exactly that. Cold sliced ham and a pad of butter. That was the only really disappointing meal I had in the Czech Republic.

1 comment:

  1. AMAZING! Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us... what a lovely-looking area.

    YIKES about Icon almost leaping off the bridge...GOOD SAVE!!!

    Tara, Hermes N Leda

    ReplyDelete