Monday, June 16, 2008

Scotts Valley weekend!

Well Polly had another binge session yesterday. He ate a tray of warm cheese that I accidentally left in my car while Debbie, Dan and Caroline and I went to look at RVs. He left the bananas alone though! What a good dog... (I try to look at the positives...)

On Saturday Debbie and I held a BBQ that we invited a bunch of agility people to (well mostly Debbie). The 'reason' was Icon's MACH bbq, but I think the 'real reason' was because they had bbq's there! Debbie brought most of the food including chicken wings that were delicious (which were actually from Kerilyn because I had told her the bbq would be the weekend before when she was actually AT the trial, but that's another story), skirt steak that was delectable, portobello mushrooms that disappeared as fast as Debbie could grill them, and . We also had margaritas and mike's hard lemonade to drink. Tammy brought crackers and dip and Kay brought some fruit. I had so much fun!

The agility weekend was a bit of a bust though. Apollo had some bars down in his first JWW run but he kept them up for the rest of his runs. Sadly, I didn't keep up my side of the agility bargain with him as I sent him off-course in standard on Saturday and messed up his weave entry in JWW on Sunday. Thankfully we pulled it together in Std on Sunday for a Q and a whopping 14 points.

Icon's weekend was not much better, but his problem was all bars! In his Sunday JWW run he slid after a jump and wasn't able to recover enough to keep the next bar up, but he tried. We Q'd in the Saturday Std course. On Sunday he took the triple down on both runs. I'm not entirely sure why he dropped the triple either time aside from the fact that he didn't jump high enough. On his Saturday Std run it looked like he jumped too early (but he kept it up). I wonder if he's jumping for the 2nd bar instead of the top bar of the triple. On his Sunday Standard he just didn't get high enough (but he didn't appear to take off too early). On his Sunday JWW he might have taken off too early.

I plan on buying a triple jump to get him more exposure to it.


Saturday JWW from Agility Dogs on Vimeo.


Icon Saturday Std from Agility Dogs on Vimeo.


Icon Sunday JWW from Agility Dogs on Vimeo.


Icon Sunday Standard from Agility Dogs on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment