Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Random stuff

  1. On his first day of trialing after his break Icon got his Mach2! Yay!
  2. Apollo placed 1st in JWW on Sat and 2nd in Std Sun! Yay!
  3. I'm leaving tomorrow for our first World Team practice at Ann Braue's place in WI. Should be SO much fun!
  4. Apollo will be 7 years old on Friday, I won't be home to celebrate with him :(
  5. Rampage's tail has become thick and glorious. It reminds me of a raccoon tail. When he's naughty I now threaten to make a fur coat out of him.
  6. His back hair is starting to look less out of control curly and more rakishly tousled, the rest of his undercoat is starting to grown in from the butt forward. I think he will be hairy.
  7. My department is offering nice packages for voluntary layoffs starting (most likely) July 1st. I put my name in with exciting visions of taking July/Aug/Sept off to prepare for Worlds with Icon.
  8. I was told I can get a package, but I have to stay through December to complete my project. Not ideal, but better than the alternative of staying there. Through the grapevine I've heard the projects I'll be assigned to in 2010 will be very stressful and would probably involve trips to Basel, SW. Most people would think that's awesome, I'm sure, but I have absolutely no desire to travel for work and leave my dogs at home. So my work life would be pretty miserable.
  9. I suspect my work life will also be stressful and miserable until December, but I'll have to find a way to live with that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment