Thursday, July 9, 2009

Couldn't just leave it alone...

Generally I have no problem leaving things unfinished. I mean I haven't even finished (or started) the tile backsplash up in my kitchen yet and I'm not even going to say how long ago it was remodeled (but hopefully I'll finish that one up soon.) And certainly from my videos in my back yard you can see a lot of unfinished work there. But I can't seem to leave the running dogwalk with Rampage alone. I bought a 12' plank because I need it for Apollo's running dogwalk but I just keep going with Rampage too. Oh well!

Apollo's struggle with the dogwalk is that he still wants to stop in 2o/2o occasionally. I need to have the T&T close to the board to tempt him to keep running. But I am gradually moving it further away. He only stopped once when we practiced this morning. Apollo doesn't get above a trot when we practice. I'm not going to worry about it at this point.

Apollo's trotting dogwalk training from Agility Dogs on Vimeo.



Rampage is doing pretty well. There were 2 that I didn't like in this last practice and both times Icon was in the camera shot so I'm sure it was his fault. :) I did reward one of them by mistake but didn't reward the 2nd one.

Rampage's Running Dogwalk training from Agility Dogs on Vimeo.

1 comment:

  1. I wonder what they think when we suddenly change the rules. Do you think Apollo is thinking "you are sooooo f-ing with me and I am sooooo not going to fall for it." Kind of like that one friend everybody has that you never know when they're serious and you always end up believing some stupid story because they're so earnest - only to have them turn around and laugh because they got you again?

    Giving up on the running DW was extremely hard. I just knew I couldn't see it and if I couldn't see it I couldn't reward it and if i couldn't see it or reward it there was only about a small chance Ten was just going to figure it out despite my failings. And then she'd be telling all of her dog friends how she bailed my butt out again.

    ReplyDelete