Friday, July 31, 2009

Seeing clearly

I got a new monitor at work and OMG it's amazing! I went from a monitor that is probably 6 years old (young for border collie, old for a boxer or a monitor :) ) to a 24" widescreen. And here I thought my 22" widescreen at home was awesome. I might just have to upgrade... But I spend so much time on the computer at work I think I deserve it :).

I'm very happy with how Apollo's running dogwalk is coming along. I think I have finally "broke" his 2o/2o. He seems tentative at the start of the dw, which I think is because it's not the most stable piece of architecture around... but he picks up speed a the bottom and runs right on through. I have a 20" jump set out beyond the dw and the t&t beyond that.

073109 - Apollo running dw from Agility Dogs on Vimeo.



I'm still having fun with Rampage on the dw. He's also doing pretty well, but some that he does are really good while others are just ok. I guess I should just reward for the really good ones. I have the jump out before the t&t for him as well, but it's just at 8". I haven't gone back to the running a-frame ground work with him in a while. With Silvia's running dw method, one of the purported benefits is "you get the running a-frame for free." I'm hoping that if I do enough running dw stuff with him before adding the stop to it we will get that a-frame freebie! But if not, he has the a-frame box work foundation to the point where we're ready to put it on the a-frame. So I always have plan B. And I still have 3 or 4 months before I introduce him to the a-frame so I might even come up with a plan C or D during that time.

073109 - Rampage running dw from Agility Dogs on Vimeo.



And here is Icon and then Rampage on the Bosu Ball. Icon is SO much more coordinated. Poor Rammy. Since he is so big, and is really becoming more mature mentally, it's so easy to forget that he is still just a puppy and doesn't know where all of his body parts are yet. It's so funny to see him change over time. One day he moves with confidence and grace and the next day he's tripping over his own feet and stepping on his tail. He's such a funny guy.

Icon and Rampage on the bosu from Agility Dogs on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment