Monday, March 22, 2010

We interrupt our regularly scheduled programming…

For Rammy's agility debut!

I entered in one day of an agility trial last weekend. I figured with it only being one day it would be good to see where Rammy and I stand.  I woke up Sunday morning and almost didn't go but a friend emailed me the course maps and they looked fun enough that I was persuaded...  And I was glad I went too!  Both Icon and Apollo got a QQ and Apollo even won JWW and placed second in Std!

But back to Rampage.  Getting measured was a really close call!  I was expecting him to measure around 21 3/4" with enough space to spare that there is no real concern that he'll measure up.  We'll he measured exactly 22".  Eek!  So he can jump 20", but barely.  I guess my hopes of getting him measured into the 22" class in USDAA are non-existent now..

Standard was our first run and there were lots of good things.  I really liked his turns to the a-frame and dogwalk and I was happy with his teeter.    We had a bar down where I called him too hard because all the dogs before us went straight to the chute.  He also had a 'floater a-frame' and missed the contact.


Vallejo AKC - Rammy Std from Agility Dogs on Vimeo.

We qualified in JWW with a refusal where he tried to blind cross me on a front cross (the new hip term for a blind cross is an "ass pass")
Vallejo AKC - Rammy JWW from Agility Dogs on Vimeo.

And we qualified in FAST with 89 points! For those of you who don't know, 80 points is the maximum so getting 89 is pretty impressive ;). I actually think we had 78 points, but there was some miscalculations involved...  He got both a-frames in FAST. :)


Vallejo AKC - Rammy FAST from Agility Dogs on Vimeo.


I was happy with how Rammy did on his debut!  I think we're making progress, however we are not ready for 'prime time' yet (meaning anything harder than a novice course!)

9 comments:

  1. Hooray for Rammy! He's looking good. Yeah, kiss the 22" class good-bye. I know that feeling...
    I like ass pass. :-)
    Looking forward to seeing more of Rammy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot!! Go Rammy!! 22", 26" whichever class he ends up in, he will be fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea Rammy! He looks happy to out playing agility. I love how he clears his A Frame apex.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a wonderful debut for Rampage! I like what Bordrcoly said too:>)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice runs from the boy! Congrats on the wonderful debut!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woo hoo! Rammy did so well! He is so handsome that if I were judging I'd be blinded to any faults. He really did GREAT, I can't believe those were his first big boy runs!

    Leda is quite proud of da big bro!
    & a REALLY big bro he is, apparently! Have fun in the 26" class! weee!

    Tara, Hermes & Leda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww, congrats on the debut! You two look great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good job Rammy boy! You guys look like a team! Shelley

    ReplyDelete