Saturday, January 9, 2010

06/15/2006 - 01/04/2010 RIP beloved Alienware

My home computer died this week :(.  On Monday I went to Nalle Jansson's (2010 WC judge) website to see if he had any new courses posted and my computer was infected by spyware.  I'm assuming it is from his website because that's the only place I went.  I told my (totally up to date) virus program to run a full scan on my computer and left for work.  When I came home the computer was cycling on and off.  I'm fairly computer savvy and tried to fix it, but no luck.  I suspect massive harddrive failure. 

I know you're thinking, "Channan!  Your computer was nearly 4 years old!  Surely it was out of date?"  But when I bought it, the computer was state of the art, top of the line gaming machine and is still very competitive with computers you can get today.  And we've had a wonderful relationship for the last 4 years.  I'm going to buy a new harddrive today and see if I can get it fixed.  But it will never be the same....

1 comment:

  1. I recently had to replace my computer. Sigh. Just remember the good times.
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete