Thursday, February 19, 2009

Yearning for Yarn

(coming up with blog titles is the BEST part of blog writing)

Rampage is fascinated with yarn. I used to knit quite a bit and still have my knitting basket beside my bed with all of my unfinished work in it. I don't know why I still have it because I haven't touched it since I moved into the house 5 years ago. And come to think of it, I don't think I've even touched it since moving to California 8 years ago! I might as well get rid of it. I have a half finished cable knit sweater that I would have no clue how to pick up and finish off at this point.

When we're just hanging out in one room I keep the doors to the surrounding rooms shut to contain a certain adventurous puppy. But sometimes fist thing in the morning, as I groggily wake up and shuffle my way to the coffee maker with my only thought "NEED COFFEE" I will forget. And inevitably, by the time the coffee is brewing, Rampage will running around the kitchen with a trail of pink or blue or black yarn winding around my kitchen table, through Icon's legs, back down the hall and into the bedroom. He looks SO proud of himself with his tail held high and a swagger to his step. He shakes it around, throws it in the air and then pounces on it in order to make the biggest tangle possible. It's ridiculously cute and almost criminal to stop the cuteness, but I don't see how letting it continue could result an anything good, although maybe he'll eventually learn how to put a bow in Icon's fur. So I take it away and he follows me hopefully trying to grab the yarn as I wind it up. But I just put it away and remember to shut the door this time (and usually I force Apollo and Foster to get out of bed at this point - lazy dogs).

If he could speak I think poor Rampage would tell everyone that I don't let him do ANYTHING fun. At least not first thing in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment