Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Bay Team USDAA

We were at a one day USDAA trial last weekend. The trial was one each of the non-tournament classes. We had a really good trial, both dogs were really 'on'. Apollo seemed to especially enjoy himself. Both dogs qualified in everything except Apollo didn't get the gamble, he still came 2nd though since only one dog in PIII 22" did ;). And both dogs placed 1st in every run they qualified in, except Icon's team didn't place in pairs. I always enjoy going back to USDAA so much after a bout of AKC.

Rampage got to meet his brother Riff for the first time in about a month last weekend. They weren't sure about each other at first, but it didn't take them long to remember. Rampage is the one with the more uppy ears and green collar/leash combo.










We have another USDAA trial this weekend and then I don't have anything for 3 weeks. I'm really looking forward to a break. I plan on doing a lot of training with Icon to prepare for nationals and of course the puppy needs a lot of training too! I want to switch Apollo to a running a-frame and the time off would be a good time to do it, but he only needs 2 more qq's for his MACH2 so I'm probably going to wait until after he gets those (which might be a looooong time). I also have a lot of stuff to do around the house during my time away from trailing. It's a mess inside and out :(.

I've put our videos from last weekend up on Vimeo here..

http://www.vimeo.com/album/59707

No comments:

Post a Comment