Friday, January 13, 2012

Dreams and metaphors

Last night I had a dream that I was being chased by zombies.  Rampage was with me and he saved my life many times by letting me know when they were getting too close or if we were running the wrong way.  But at some point, the zombies must have gotten me because I felt something grab my shoulders and tear through the back of my neck just before I blacked out.  I eventually woke up (in my dream) hungry and looking for food.  I stumbled across a group of other people looking for food as well.  We introduced ourselves and after a brief chat they suggested some places that we could search for food so we started looking together.  After entering a dark building we cornered a fast-moving humanoid creature that attacked us, but the weapon it used was so weak that even when it hit us, it barely slowed us down.  We pursued the creature and killed it.  And then sat down at the dinner table to eat.

At that point I woke up for real.  I guess the metaphor hiding behind my dream is that you shouldn't be afraid of becoming a different person.  If you're ever chased by zombies, don't worry.  When you're caught and become a zombie yourself life goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment